Monday, July 23, 2007

Woe

By bitingmylip

Woe is me, woe is me,
I was late for work cos I banged my knee
On the oven door as I rushed around
Eating Special K and trying not to make a sound
In case I disturbed
The rather peturbed-
Looking lady asleep on our sofa...

I will not ask who the stranger in our midst is
Likely as not it's none of my business
And anyway, woe is me, I was late for work cos the bus drove right past me
And I had to wait for another
Listening to some kid shout at his mother
While the rest of us stared at our feet
And tried to block out the noise coming from another kid's phone
As she defiantly stared at us so we'd leave her alone

Then the bus arrived,
And drove at snails' pace
Even the traffic lights were against me
Not that it's a race
But now I was definitely late for work
Woe is me
Late for work with a big bruised knee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Powered by Blogger