Monday, April 23, 2007

A faint hope

by itchingmyknee

There comes a point, when youthful gadding has come to an end and full-time work has leached the lifeblood from you, that pinpricks of freedom take on huge consequence.

The odd day off, long weekend, even a coffee snatched during work hours are the stalwarts of happiness.

One such window of delight that’s lodged in my brain is the advent of Glastonbury Festival. I have taken 5 days off. I am going to spend time with my friends, see my boyfriend without his dog playing chaperone (don’t ask) and generally run amok.

This festival has taken on incredible significance. When I missed Seasick Steve at the Spitz last week and then found out he was playing Glasto, I took it as a sign. A sign that a weekend in late June will be the Mecca of my desires.

Of course, somewhere in the recesses of my consciousness, I know this isn’t strictly true. I will most probably spend the weekend searching for lost friends, missing the best bands (I always lose my timetable) and snapping waspishly at my boyfriend from sleep deprivation. But I don’t care. We all need these bright spots on the horizon to keep us going, us drones. Even if they turn out to be (overpriced) black holes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a Glasto virgin, this window of hope shines all the more brightly for me as I have no previous experiences - bad or good - to compare it to.

Is this good or bad? We will see won't we.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Powered by Blogger