Monday, November 06, 2006

Mysteria

By bitingmylip

Rain soaked grass & smell the air
It smells like thunder baby
Slip over these stones &
Pick me a rose &
Ignore the rain –
I’m getting lazy.

I’m a one-way trip to a ghost train world
Of secrets I don’t even know myself
Don’t ask me questions I can’t answer
The clue to a mystery’s all in the suspense
There’s a whole host of words for us to play with
And they’ll play with us as well.

Sun-dappled stones & smell the air
It feels like summer baby
Lay down on the grass &
Pick me a daisy &
Stay out of the sun –
I’m getting worse.

I’m this whole other world of things I don’t know
I don’t even realise I am most times
We’re all the same, these unravelling mysteries,
These secretive peoples of dreams and diseases,
These pick-me-a-buttercup idealised memories
We make all the time without even thinking
Oh why am I talking, why am I breathing?

Mud-splattered windows & look at the sky
It looks like heaven baby
Dark as black ink &
Look at the clouds
Don’t ignore the stars –
I’m nearly done.

You’re this entire personality within a person
I can’t fathom or see for the shadows

You admire me & this mystery
That will never be solved because it’s so old &
There are no clues anyway.

You’re a master of revellery &
Pageants & dreams & dressing-up costumes
For the kings & queens &
Now that I see
You’re the mystery
For your admiration, unfounded,
Leaves me astounded &
We’re all the same.

We are all the same –
Unravelling mysteries
Of dreams & diseases &
Where are the clues &
The lights to see?
Because in your eyes
I see only me.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful.
Thanks for writing it.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Powered by Blogger