Thursday, September 28, 2006

Extra Hot Rant

By bitingmylip

I was in Starbucks today and the girl in front of me asked for her coffee “extra hot.”

What a ridiculous request. What a waste of time and life. Am I wrong? I mean, who asks that? “Please can you make my drink so boiling hot it burns the roof of my mouth, Mr you’re-so-much-less-than-me-because-you-work-in-a-coffee-shop, you see, I don’t trust that you won’t serve me cold or lukewarm coffee so I am asking you to heat it up to boiling and then reheat it because, let’s face it, that’s what extra hot is: hotter than boiling. So come on, give it to me boiling, Mr.”

She even stood at the coffee serving bit and watched the girl pouring her coffee out, reminding her as she stood there that she wanted it extra hot. IDIOT.

I couldn’t help hoping she’d spill some of it on herself.

Do you know what else annoys me excessively for no real reason? People at traffic crossings. Why, in the name of God, do some people just STAND there WITHOUT PUSHING THE BUTTON. What is the point of that? OK so the traffic might clear before the green man appears and you might be able to make a run for it but still, who does it harm to press the button while you wait and maybe speed up everyone else’s lives a tad? These people are almost, but not quite, as annoying as the people who come up behind me at traffic crossings and PRESS THE BUTTON WHEN I’VE ALREADY PRESSED IT. Am I standing here for the good of my health, idiots? I am not one of those stupid not-pressing-the-button fools, I am waiting to cross the road, so I pressed the button myself when I came and stood here five minutes before you. So don’t march up to it when you can see it’s already been pressed and hold your finger down on it for ages as if that will speed up the appearance of the green man or, even worse, press it repeatedly, four or five times, because THAT is SURE to make crossing the road happen quicker for us all. Just LEAVE it because it has ALREADY BEEN PRESSED.

Wow, I am one grumpy young woman.

Please, please, add your own annoyances to this rant. Honestly, it will make you feel better. Now I am going for a cup of extra hot tea to calm myself down.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. My go to rant.
I HATE HATE HATE stupid women who poke you in the back when you're queuing at a check out, because apparently there's ONE line not two, even though she didn't say anything to the woman in front of you in your "nonexistent" queue, and she's just picking on you cos the other woman was bigger and meaner looking. She poked me! Hard! Possibly with her baguette.
Am one unhappy bunny.

6:10 AM  
Blogger huwtube said...

I personally am one of those people who stands without pressing the button and I enjoy my coffee extra hot. I am profoundly offended by the accusations levelled at me and my creed.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Powered by Blogger