Friday, September 01, 2006

We All Thrive On The Bad Times...

By itchingmyknee

We all thrive on the bad times. You are never more resourceful than when you only have £2.00 in your pocket.

I woke up this morning and began planning my rise to wealth from the depths of poverty, which was actually quite fun. I might get a second job. I could work every hour god sends in the manner of ambitious, driven, down-and-out heroine out of a Hollywood movie. I could sell all my worldly possessions and live like the hippies of bygone eras. I could be semi-nomadic and spurn the trappings of the society that requires me to have money in the first place. (‘semi’, because I know I’ll end up descending on my mother whenever I need a good meal, or a bath.)

As the day has progressed, these extremes are all looking less attractive however. I don’t really need to get another job, or remove myself from society. I can make £2 stretch to payday with a mixture of ingenuity, begging and the sly manipulation of my feminine charms. I only need to get through another only three weeks…

Easy.

Not sure my feminine charms stretch that far though...

Second job it is then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Powered by Blogger